At Back in Action our physiotherapists provide Thermoplastic splinting, which is a heat mouldable material that becomes rigid on cooling and is used for orthopaedic conditions such as skiers thumbs, wrist, finger and scaphoid injuries, carpal tunnel and for post operative stabilisation to ensure protection of injured tissue
Athletic bracing can provide support to injured joints or help protect healthy tissue from stress and injury. Whistler’s ‘Back in Action’ Sports Physiotherapy offers a line of standard and customized braces. Our Clinic is an official supplier of Bregg, Generation II (Ossur) and CTI braces for knees. Customized bracing includes:
- Knee ligament (ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL) braces
- Unloading Braces for arthritic knee pain or degenerative conditions.
- Patella tracking brace (for patello-femoral pain)
- Tennis elbow braces
- Back braces and supports
- Sacro-iliac joint (SIJ) braces
- Maternity support braces
- Wrist braces for tendon, joint and ligament injuries
- Fracture boots for foot and leg fractures.
- Heel cups, heel raises, metatarsal pads